April 26, 2010

One year later... New Project!

So, it has been one whole year since I acquired this cute little shop and to celebrate I am going to start fresh with this blog. I've become bored with plain old picture posting, this blog needs some spicing up! 

To start things off, here are the details on my latest project!

Materials:



* The bottom part of a light blue & white plaid print vintage dress I reworked
* Pins
* Thread
* The good ol' Juki 



* Mannequin
* Creativity & Dexterity

At first I thought, Puffy circle mini skirt with tulle underneath and an thick white elastic waistband... Then, I felt like some origami folds would be an interesting contrast to the "country-ness" of the printed fabric.

This is what I have so far...



The waist band still goes along with my original idea except I will want it to be a thick cotton band of non stretch fabric (well... maybe a little stretch)... And the parts that stick out on the hips will be where the pockets are located (skirts with pockets are FANTASTIC!).



All these folds will be more even and crisp... and of course there will be a back to it (haven't made it that far yet!!). 

I kind of want to make it sort of puff at the bottom... not so straight... not sure yet. What do you think?

Time for sleep, will continue this tomorrow!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment